sábado, 9 de julho de 2011

Brasil (with "s")


That’s for you, my dear friends who I met abroad! It’s a post about the two most visited places in Brazil.

Rio de Janeiro

Iguaçu Waterfalls

Since coming back from India, I decided to travel a little more through Brazil. Believe it or not, I had the opportunity to go to Rio de Janeiro and the Iguaçu Waterfalls. These two places are the most visited in Brazil.

Now I can say YES, I’ve been in Rio de Janeiro and that was just awesome!!! Maybe it’s not incredible in the same vein as India (we are talking about different things) but it is equally spectacular in its own way. Of course I don’t know a lot about there but the view is super scenic and the nature is part of that- like a mosaic of blue Ocean, green foliage and grey concrete. I haven’t been to the slums yet, maybe next time.

Here in Brazil (like in most countries), we have a kind of pre-conceived notions about some places. For example, here in São Paulo, we presume that Rio is risky and dangerous and its people, lazy bums. Of course it’s not true. We also have stereotypes about other places and I’m sure others too will have some sort of impressions (negative or otherwise) about our way of life. That’s normal and a lot of things are responsible for it - the weather, behavior, culture, relationships and so on. All these things are responsible for our prejudgment. A change in this mostly unfavorable outlook will happen only if we are willing to get to know the place and the peoples.

As I’ve done in India, you have to forget all supposed existing views about a place and people and give it a chance to let it leave its own impressions on you. Then you will have your point of view and I’m sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Let’s come back to these trips around Brazil. Rio, which is the most visited place in Brazil and Iguaçu Waterfalls which comes second, are intrinsically connected to nature and amazing scenery. When you have the chance to come, please do. I’m including some pics which I’d taken there. Check them out!!!
I’ll add more posts in English. To read them, visit the list page aside, and find out more posts in English.

Iguaçu Waterfalls Park




Romildo, Lino e Paulinho.





Rio de Janairo


Eu e a Larissa - photo: Lino




Eu, Larissa, Vicente e Lino.



  • Thanks Pamchuila Hungyo for reviewing my text.

3 comentários:

  1. Great pics mate! I'm also glad to notice your English skills improved a lot since we've met back then in India! Keep it up!

    Umi!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Very nice photo shots, Your English has improved a lot, Hope better pics yet to see shortly. Have a wonderful time for you..

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Tempting pics!! Nice writing.

    Cheers!!!

    Franklin

    ResponderExcluir